Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Baby With Too Many Names


Ella does not know her name. I constantly say, "Ella, Ella," expecting her to turn and smile. But, she does not. The reason she does not know her name is because she has so many pet names it is pathetic. Bennett's pet names are Buddy, Benny Boy, and Benno. Nora's pet name is Norna, given to her by our friend Sonia. Well, here is the list of Ella's pet names: Teeny Tiny Tator Tot, CinderEllie, Ellie, Ellie Banelli, Bubbles and Bubblelicious. It is no wonder that she does not know her real name. This baby is something else. She is always happy and never tired. The child never sleeps. Chad wonders why I am often grumpy, well I had to point out to him that I have been pregnant or breastfeeding since August of 2004...Nora was born in April of 2005 and I was still breastfeeding her when I got pregnant with Ella. Oh to have my body back again! But, I know that when I am older, I will think back to these days and wish I could live them all over again. I guess I need to let Ella learn to get herself to sleep. I have three children and you would think that by now, I would have learned to let my child learn to sleep on her own and maybe, just maybe since she is almost 10 months old, she should be able to sleep through the night without waking every 3 hours. They say that a child's sleep issues are really the parents fault...oh the guilt! Well, I know that eventually, Ellie, Ella, Tator Tot, or whatever her name is will learn her name and be able to fall asleep on her own!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nip the sleep in the bud by 12-months. Lila is nearly 19-months and still getting up 1-2 times a night. Recently, she started to let me nurse her on ONE side and put her back to bed with little fussing. But, she's still up at 5 or 6 to nurse again before going back to bed for a couple of hours. I too have been pregnant and/or breastfeeding for, let's see, since May of 2004. At least you lose the weight. I'm hanging on to ten pounds. Five pounds each kid. Plus, I had wanted to lose weight before I got pregnant. Didn't think I would get pregnant two days after we decided we should try. And, so life goes!

Thanks for the hair comment. A Scottish guy comes to the house and does it. 55E for cut, color and blow dry. Not to shabby.

PS: Like the new blog name.

Angie said...

I don't think all sleep issues are parent's fault, especially not in babies. I would probably be working pretty hard to get Ella to sleep at this point, though. I wouldn't be able to deal with getting up every 3 hours.