Tuesday, September 6, 2011

40 and 4

In August, I turned 40. It was uneventful. In fact, I took the kids school shopping at Target and then we went to Chilis. That evening, Chad took me out to a Mexican restaurant and Ben made me a peanut butter sandwich cake. My friend Christina sent me 40 gifts to unwrap...mostly they were gag gifts such as vitamins and facial creams. It was funny. Nicole, my friend who survived the break in when she visited me in Belgium, sent me lovely gifts. And the kids and Chad gave me a KINDLE(which, btw, is awesome). Turning 40 is startling. I about had a heart attack the other day when I went to the doctor and my form read: AGE: 40. I stared at the form and said to myself, "That isn't me!?!" When the doctor told me that I had to have a mamogram as I was now 40, I protested, "That isn't me." I guess I will get over myelf because we celebrated another event in the month of August, our Ella turned 4...and boy does she keep me young and active! She is the first person up in the morning and she is always in a great mood. She moves ALL DAY LONG. And she is always happy. She had her ballet and tap last night and she is a natural. Attentive. Active. Engrossed.








No comments: