Saturday, September 10, 2011

Red Barn Farm






I love fall. In fact, I have already decorated the house for fall, baked carrot cake and apple crisp, (the six year old neighbor boy across the street informed me that it is not fall yet and I decorated too early, I stated, "Well, it is fall to me. Did you feel the cool breeze this morning??? Did you?!!?") and today we ventured out to Weston, Missouri to Red Barn Farm. We loved it. When I said, "My heart is so happy seeing all of the pumpkins and apples." Chad stated that I was a big dork. But, I don't care. Looking at the piles of gourds and pumpkins of all colors and textures made me happy. The girls road on pony's. Bennett picked apples and threw the rotten ones at his dad. And I just enjoyed the perfect sunny day out on the farm.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Fall is my favorite season. Since I moved away from Vermont, I have greatly missed the yellows, reds, and oranges. No matter where I go, the color combination is never as vibrant nor are the falling leaves quite at big! But, it's doable here in Germany. I think I may make some carrot bread tomorrow and some apple crisp later this week. Yum.

Red Barn Farm is awesome. Glad you had a good time!! And, make sure you have some apple cider donuts! Delish!