Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving and A TWELVE Year Old

We celebrated Thanksgiving this year with the Hunt family. I was told to arrive at 3ish. Since I am so uptight, I was there at 3...after screaming at the kids and rushing around like a mad woman. I have decided that I am going to really try to let go of being so anal about being on time. I only get stressed out and bent out of shape. So what if I am 10 minutes late, right? Unless it is a Dr.'s appointment or a job interview, I will not freak out about time, I will not freak out about time...sigh. Anyhow, we were on time and were told, as we walked into the door, that the turkey might be a while. Denny had never deep fried a turkey before and did not realize how long it took to heat up the oil or that the turkey should only be about 17 lbs. maximum in weight to deep fry. Well, the turkey was 25 lbs. and it took about 4 hrs. to cook from start to finish. I thought it was hilarious and we just went ahead and ate the ham and all of the other great dishes of food. The kids played and watched the movie, "Up." Bennett wanted me to re-create Thanksgiving dinner for just our family, so I cooked a small at-home feast on Saturday, after I put the tree up--which took about 7hrs., but that is another story.

Family photo on Thanksgiving Day at the Hunts.



Our son also turned TWELVE. I cannot believe it...I have a 12 year old. He received a new pea coat, a mini dvd player, an I-Tunes gift card, new ear phones for his I-pod, and a movie that I mistakenly purchased that we couldn't watch because it was Blu-Ray. Oh well...it was a great birthday with just us this year. Bennett even said, "Sometimes it is nice to celebrate with just us."


1 comment:

Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

12!!!!!
Oh my! Time flys. Happy holidays.