Sunday, November 22, 2009

What does a wife do when her husband is deployed? Crafts!

Since Chad deployed, I have had a bit more time in the evening to do crafts. Since he worked so late at night ... coming home around 7:30, our schedule was shall I say, interrupted. Now, I get the girls down to sleep by 7:30p.m. (as daddy isn't here to play, chase, and rough-house) and I am free to scrapbook. A friend of mine here in Belgium, whom I consider to be the Scrapbook QUEEN, introduced me to a great website: www.studiocalico.com.
This website offers monthly kits. Members of this website create pages using the kits, as do their design team. I used their ideas to create some great scrapbook pages that my kids LOVE. Here are a few examples:

This is a page that I created for Ella on her second birthday:

This is a page for Bennett and Chad using a design from a guest designer on Studio Calico entitled, "Lead the Way,"

I copied this layout, but it took its own form...it is Nora with her beloved Snails...It says..."Snips and snails and puppy dog tails, all of the things Nora loves."
What I love about scrapbooking is this: it involves photography, layout and design, and writing...all of the things Brenda loves. The kids appreciate the effort and can't wait to see the pages I create next about them...an inspiration for any mother to keep creating.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Very impressed!!!!!! I'll send some pictures your way and you can whip up some pages for me! :)