Sunday, August 23, 2009

Paris Part Deux

We love our friend's Ellen and Lance. Because of them, we are able to child-swap and spend much needed time alone without the kids. Last time, we went to Brugge, Belgium. This time, we went to Paris, France to celebrate our 16 -year wedding anniversary. Who can say, "I spent my 16- year wedding annivesary in Paris with my husband"? We left the kids on Saturday morning and didn't pick them up until Monday morning. We got to have FOUR sit down dinners, visit the Lourve, see the Eifel Tower at night, see the Arc de Triompe, and the beautiful Saint Chapelle.
I took this photo to commemorate the fact that after FIVE years of being either pregnant or breastfeeding, I am DONE! Little Ella and I had a discussion weeks prior to our trip to Paris, and I told her that she was a BIG girl and no longer needed the "boo boo milk." We even sang a song entitled, "Bye Bye Boo Boo.." to prep for this weaning time. When I picked her up on Monday morning, she cried for "boo boo," but I did not give in. She is going to be two in about two days, so she is officially weaned. Thank the Lord! I now have my body to myself!


Beautiful Saint Chapelle


Okay, I am a DORK with a capital D...I took a picture of the receipt for two drinks and a bottle of water...32 euro = to about 40 US dollars... WOW!




The stupendous Arc
This will be our last alone time for a while...Chad is deploying this fall. Pray for him. We love him so very much.


3 comments:

Angie said...

Great that you got to spend time alone. I'll be praying for all of you!

Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

YAY for body back! YAY for time alone as a couple!! Prayers for this fall and always safety and happiness.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the deployment. I didn't know there was an element deploying out of there. Matt was there a couple of times recently and never mentioned it.

Congrats on the extended breastfeeding! What a great job you did - giving each of your kids life-long health benefits! Way to go!!!

Oh, and yes for alone time!!! Always so great for a marriage!