Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Toddler Bed, Pie in the Face, Future Car Washers,Pony Rides, and Church Best

Summer is here. Things are changing. One day, I put Ella into her room to play while I made beds. I was listening to her "read" and then I heard nothing. I peaked into the room, and this is what I saw:


Ella had crawled up into Nora's bed and was reading books. So, we decided to get Ella a toddler bed, one trip to IKEA later and this is what Ella got:


Nora & Bennett picked out the little critter bed (it has two lambs on the headboard) and the heart bedding. Needless to say, Ella has only slept in the bed ONCE...sigh...

Chad and his unit had their annual Organization Day. They decided to raise money by having all of the leader's eligible for a pie-in-the-face contest. In the end, they decided to auction off the opportunity to throw a pie-in-the-face...here is Bennett throwing a pie in Chad's face:

As you all know, my car broke down on our once-in-a-eight-year-life-time -over -night- trip together. Here are my girls "fixing" my car...Nora says that maybe she would like a job washing cars in a "kini" when she is older...Oh Jesus, my Dear Saviour, help me!


And then it was the 4th of July. We went to the annual SHAPE 4th of July Fest. Nora remembered the horse rides from the previous year and wanted to ride and ride and ride. Ella wanted a ride too...here are the girls on their pony rides:






Here is Nora being told that the pony rides were over (mind you, she went THREE times):


And, finally, the kids got all clean for church and I decided to take photos...ALL CLEAN! Nora took some of me too...ENJOY:














































2 comments:

Angie said...

Oh, cute photos.

Anonymous said...

Our house is practically an Ikea showroom. Love the place.

Great pics. I love the one of Nora crying for time with the Pony's! My kids were the same way a couple weeks ago. Bribes!