
I went on a day trip to Paris with my friends. We had so much fun! I couldn't believe how big and beautiful that Paris is and I want to go back right now!!! Here is a photo tour of some of the sites that I saw...

My first site of the Eifel tower in the morning fog.

Notre Dame

Shakespeare and Company first opened its doors in 1951. For over fifty years, the bookshop has housed numerous writers and hosted readings by published and unpublished authors. Upon entering, you will find yourself in a place Henry Miller described "A wonderland of books".Shakespeare and Company, Paris, is an independent bookshop and is not connected with other companies of the same name.I purchased a book about Rasputin for Chad here at the Shakespeare and Company book store!
A real Parisian favorite, the Jardin du Luxembourg is a magnificent, harmonious 25-hectare green oasis on Paris' fashionable Left Bank. The formal gardens are populated with many statues (including one of Sainte-Gèneviève, patron saint of Paris), fountains and beautiful flowers. In the southwest corner, there is an orchard where several hundred species of apple and pear trees blossom each spring. Children love the park, too, especially for its parc à jeux (playground) and the théâtre des marionettes (puppet theater); they can also rent boats and sail them in the glassy ponds. Sunday afternoon band concerts draw a crowd in the summer. The sprawling grounds are usually animated by lovers, students, chess aficionados, games of boules, and tennis players.

4 comments:
Oh, I wish I was close enough to Paris for day trips! How wonderful! We might be there every weekend.
I want to go back!! It's been a while. But, I think we're done traveling before we move. Sad - but, just too expensive to fly, hotels, etc. That's the only downfall of living in Portugal. It's expensive to go anywhere.
I'm so glad you had such a great time!
Thanks for letting us live vicariously through your adventures. It's been a while.
Good for you for having some time to yourself and to spend it in Paris! We spent the long weekend painting our house back to white. I am 1/3 of the way there. And I won't be painting in Stuttgart! Anyways, glad you had a good time.
Post a Comment