Saturday, November 1, 2008

Our First Fall in Belgium

Happy Fall to All! Okay, that was cheesy. Anyhow, as I write this, Bennett and Chad are in Paris sitting outside the Louvre eating...poor fellows. Nora is watching Dora and Ellie is taking a much needed nap. After two trips to the Dr. in the past few weeks, she is starting to feel better. Here is a picture of her after she had her 1 yr. shots:

She was COVERED from head to toe in a rash that did not itch. We called her "Dot" for over a week, adding to her long list of nick names. Now, she points to her skin and says, "Dot!" The Dr. said that it was maybe a reaction to the shots. The Dr. was also concerned about her weight, so we have been feeding her lots of fatty foods. I know, though, that she is fine and that she is just small. Chad took a week off of work and we had a lot of plans. Weather and colds took care of most of our plans, but we did do the following:
  • Another trip to Brugge...the most beautiful city in Belgium

The chocolate here is fabulous, and, er, creative...look closely!



Bennett walking down an ally way

Nora liked to sniff the waffles. They are EVERYwhere and are eaten as a snack...not for breakfast









Ellie enjoyed her first lolly pop...this was one sticky big mistake!













The girls...trying to go in different directions as always!

Our lovely boy...Gosh, he is such a GREAT kid!

And, then we decided it was time to go home...oh, the DRAMA!












  • We also carved pumpkins, which is apparently one of Chad's favorite things to do. Here is a photo of our pumpkins this year:

Prozac Pumpkin, Puking Pumpkin, and Ticked-Off Pumpkin. Chad carved the puking pumpkin and was oh so very proud of it. I think he laughed himself to sleep. Here are some more photos of our carving fun:



  • And then, Halloween! This year, Bennett was the Headless Horse man, Nora was a ladybug, and Ellie was a zebra. We went "trunk-or-treating" on post and it proved to be a ton of fun! Here are photos of the fun! Oh, and by the way, I let Nora and Bennett eat all the candy they wanted! And, no one got sick!!!


Nora painted her face when we got home. I was a witch again this year.


Our little ZEBRA!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics.
Same sticky mess with lollypops here.
Did you say you were coming here? My blog has some links to help plan a trip/gather info. I'll ask around about hotels, as we've only stayed in The Eden in Monte Estoril when we inprocessed. It was okay, had a pool, so-so, but pricey food. Of course, we can hook you up w/or fav. restaurants. I say stay in the Cascais/Estoril area b/c it's so pretty and you can take the train everywhere.
Anyway, I'll email you more info when my kids stop crying and stop wiping the snot off their faces every three seconds. Remind me to send GPS coordinates to restaurants and sites if you'll be doing any driving...

Jennifer said...

Great pictures Brenda! Feed your kids a few extra lollipops on behalf of my children.... save my kids a few extra cavities. Tell Chad that I like the Puking Pumpkin!

Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

Of course I remember you. I loved book club!! I miss all my Army bookies!

I didn't know if you remembered me, so I have been too chicken to comment on here. I do read your blog though. Now you know who is in Spokane reading you... thanks for reading mine. I love seeing where everyone is and what everyone is up to.


Good to hear from you.

Your kids are goregous.