

It was Bennett's first day of FIFTH grade as well as Ella's FIRST birthday this month. I cannot believe that Bennett is in 5th grade. He is growing so fast and eating so much. He keeps on eating and talking and talking and eating. He asked me the other day why he was eating so much and when he will start getting zits. Lord help me! He has started using AXE...oh Lord help me. Do 10 year old boys understand that less is more? It seems that the only thing that happens in grade 5 is that girls chase boys on the playground and that this activity is very important and very dramatic. Some mention of math and spelling is made after school, but mostly, Bennett talks about how girls are always chasing him and that his legs hurt. Well, I told him to STOP RUNNING AND THEN THEY WON'T CHASE YOU!!! He just looked at me funny. He is learning about stress in his Health class and apparently he is stressed. He said that his life is stressful b/c he has to get up, get dressed, eat, go to school all day long, do homework, eat dinner, and go to bed. And...he also had to go to soccer practice as well as guitar practice. Oh my gosh, how I wish I had that stress.

Ella Bella turned one...and I cried. She is my last baby (I think) and it made me sad to think that this is our last FIRST birthday. We got her a baby doll, a baby stroller, and a baby carrier. She LOVED it...and proceeded to cover her baby in a dish towel and carry her around the house. On her big birthday party day, she entertained everyone by walking around and around the house, talking in her alien language, and pointing to everything and saying, "This!" She ate her first cupcake and LOVED it...and crashed after eating it. I think sugar had the opposite affect of hyper on her. She then took a nap and woke up to open her presents. Guess what her favorite gift was? The tissue paper! She is such a joy...a light in our family that just never ceases to amaze.

5 comments:
Ben is just a riot. How amusing he must be.
Ella is so adorable. One already. Wow!
I have "The Last Lecture" on my list next. I just cannot bring myself to finish "Eat Pray Love." I got stalled on vacation (watched the Olympics until 1:00am instead of reading before bed) and then got stalled reading India (Pray). Just not as good as Eat (Italy) and I get more bored with each page. But, she just landed in Indonesia and maybe it'll get better.
I thought I'd already commented here. Love the pictures.
To answer your question, I have a Canon 20D. I don't know if they even sell it anymore, since it's been updated. Now it's the 40D.
As far as Paris, just enjoy yourself. We liked everything we did, except the Picasso museum. There are carousels everywhere that your kids will probably enjoy. You are already probably familiar, but get Rick Steves' Paris book. Do what he tells you. I like the information in his guide books.
happy B-day, Ella :-))))
All the Best wish you Rosa, Ravil, Naila, Kamilla & Seymur ;-)))
Hey Girl! Nice to see so many pictures of the fam. I can't believe I never actually got to meet Ella. :( She looks like fun. Give my love to everyone! Jason gets back in six more weeks! We are buying a house and attempting to plant some roots here in D.C. Hopefully we can connect again sometime soon.
Post a Comment