Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Edelweiss

Here is a photo tour of our family vacation to Germany:




Rosa and Ravil, our neighbors when we lived in Germany over 6 years ago, still live in the same apartment. When we left Germany, Rosa predicted that we would have two more children and that they would be girls...she was pleased to see that she was right. They ohhed and ahhed over our kids and told Chad that he was a fortunate man!

This is Bennett and Nora by Bennett's favorite fountain in Wuerzburg. Bennett grew up in Germany until he was five. We never thought that we would go back to this town that we all loved with our THREE kiddos!

The All-Saints Bridge in Wuerzburg.














View from our hotel room in Garmish. We stayed at the Edelweiss resort that is for military and government employees. It was FANTASTIC. We enjoyed the pool and outdoor hot tub, the spa (I got a fantastic facial). Bennett attended Kid Camp, where he got to tour a German historic village and pick berries. We had a relaxing time and Chad even worked out in the awesome gym! Here is the link to the resort. If any family member comes for a visit, we will take you here: http://www.edelweisslodgeandresort.com/.










The girls enjoyed the rocking chairs at the resort. They have about 20 rocking chairs, both large and small, lined up in front of a gigantic fireplace. Ella was so proud of her ability to sit on a chair and rock!

Ahh...the beer in Germany. Why do I like the beer in Germany and not any where else? Chad says it is because I always order the Pils on tap...and it is fresher!






Did you know that Nora's favorite animal has always been the elephant? Well, she found an elephant in Oberammergau...a wooden one...and decided to take the elephant for a little ride. Oberammergau hosts the Passion play every 10 years. And guess what, the next one is in 2010! I am so going to try to get tickets. Here is a link to this wonderful village:

http://www.oberammergau.de/


Here is a photo of me in front of a Germany Guest House. The flowers are so beautiful!










We went to a cheese factory tour and got to see cheese and yogurt being made. Bennett got to "milk" a cow...pretend, of course!




Bennett at the Ettal abbey. This is an active abbey which is also the home to one of the top boy's boarding schools in Europe. They also brew a mean beer...the Ettal. Chad LOVES it!







Chad and I outside of the Ettal abbey. Here is a link to this wonderful place:

http://www.kloster-ettal.de/

On our way home from Garmish, we stopped at our favorite German town, Rothenburg ob der Tauber. It is a walled city that has many fine shops and hosts the Christmas Kathe Wohlfahrt shop where I purchased a ton of glass ornaments. You can check out the website here: http://www.wohlfahrt.com/



This is the only photo that I got of all three kiddos on the trip...what was I thinking?????

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got a great facial there too! It was so relaxing!

I loved the cheese tour and Ettal and the beer is great. I also got so blueberry liquer that we haven't opened yet. Yum.

I'm so glad you had great time. I would love to go back. It's so hard, choosing where to go. Especially when you have such a great time in one spot!

Angie said...

It looks like you had a great time! I'm sure it was exciting to go back to your former home.

The Bailey Clan said...

Lovely! Miss you!

The Bailey Clan said...

Lovely, miss you!