
We finally baptised our children. Yes, I know, Bennett is 10. It wasn't until we moved here to S.V. that we found a church that we all love. The one thing I will miss the most about S.V. is our church. From the moment we started going to SVUMC, I felt at home. We had a private ceremony on Saturday. Bennett said that he would like to be baptised first. As Peter baptised him, I thought back to the time when I took him to the chapel that Chad and I were married at. Bennett, then five, went right up to the altar and knelt down and prayed. Nora was next to be baptised. She like the water and the attention. And then little Ella...so precious! I thank God that we had this opportunity to baptise our children, a tradition and a ceremony that I think reiterates what our purpose is as parents. It is our job to raise children to serve the Lord. I hope that by doing this, I am following my purpose in life.
1 comment:
I check your blog to see your moving status - not yet. Wow - baptism for all your kids. Amazing, Praise God! We have not had any of our boys baptized - they will make that decision on their own & I pary that we will have helped them along that path. All of them have been dedicated as babies. Yes, you are right our purpose is to raise up the next army for HIM!
Take care & I enjoy keeping up with you. Someday I may start my own blog - too busy now!
Post a Comment