
Chistmas this year was strange. Since we are from MN, we always had snow at Christmas. There is no snow in this part of Arizona. We still have made the most of Christmas, counting every one as a blessing when we are all together. We decorated cookies, made a gingerbread house, hid the German pickle on the tree, attended the kids' Christmas play where Bennett was a donkey and Nora was an angel, and opened way too many presents. The sweetest thing this year was Nora's wonderment about the Nativity. She loves playing with the Nativity, especially Baby Jesus, whom she insists is a girl. Bennett received lots of gifts from Santa, his favorite was his Eye-Clops. Ella just enjoyed all of the wrapping paper. As I lined up our kids for the traditional Christmas photo, I got choked up because I am still in utter shock that we now have THREE!!! As a military family, we always reflect back at holidays spent in different countries, different states, and now, a weird climate. But each Christmas reminds us what it is all about, the birth of our Saviour, Jesus Christ.

2 comments:
I love the picture of the three of them. Too cute. I'm glad that you enjoyed your Christmas, too.
What a beautiful family! We have plenty of snow here in MN...I could send you some if you'd like. Glad to hear things are going well for all of you.
Loveya and Miss ya,
Laura Mae
Post a Comment