Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Baklava with Gokce





A very good friend of mine is Turkish. She is also a phenomenal cook. In fact, she has taught me to make a salad that I want to make for all of my family when I move back to the United States. It is called Kisir and the main ingredient is Bulgar. Chad loves baklava. One day, he ate some of Gokce's baklava and stated in a very primitive tone, "If you can learn to make this, I will never leave you." I know he was joking, but I asked Gokce to please teach me to make baklava. She came over to my home and taught me. It was not as hard as I thought it was going to be, but it is time consuming. The "trick" is being patient, one of my not-so-strong points.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am not patient either, however, I need to learn how to make baklava! I love love love Turkish food!