When we had Nora, who we call our miracle child, she was "the last one." We had a very hard time conceiving Nora (Bennett was 8 when she was born) and never thought we would be able to have another. And, I was over the age of 35. Well, Chad deployed to Iraq for 17 months, and Ella was born 9 months after he returned. So, now Ella is "the last one," and I want to freeze time. In the past month, she has changed from her baby ways into a toddler/preschooler. She wants to dress herself, she doesn't want a sippy cup, but a big girl cup, she won't take naps, and she wants to do what she wants to do when she wants to do it. If she had it her way, she would wear princess dress up clothes 24/7...including high heeled dress up shoes. In fact, I can barely get her to wear pants, she wants to wear tights and dresses. She is fascinated with make-up and asks for lipstick and parkle (blush) all of the time. When we go to the PX, she wants to buy new lipstick (chapstick) over anything else. She also loves to play with her dollies and imitate me cooking. In fact, she loves to help me cook. Dancing is her ultimate favorite, as is the show High 5...I am sooooooooo tired of that show. But, I watch her dance to the songs and sing and see how happy she is doing it, so I let her watch it over and over again. I know she is growing, but I wish that I could freeze time, let her stay this age forever. Bennett said, "You know mom, we are like the Simpsons...I am Bart (ugghh), Nora is Lisa, and Ella is Maggie." Have you noticed that the Simpsons have been on for over 20 years, and not one of the kids have grown. I guess that part of the reason I want to freeze time is that I have to let go of the fact that I will not bear anymore children, and that just makes me sad.
1 comment:
Love the pigtails!!!! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment