Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Baby, It's Cold in Belgium

Bennett got to attend the Neil McCoy concert, that also featured the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders...he REALLY liked his first concert.

The holidays are over and the days just seem to be L O N G. This house is cold, so cold that I wear fur boots and layers of clothes. We have ordered over 3000 liters of heating oil since Oct. at about 600 Euros per 1000 liters. Baby it is COLD in Belgium! And, again, the flu, ear infection, sinus headache season is upon us...and my attitude STINKS! I even told Chad the other day that I wish I were deployed so that I could get a break. Did you ever notice that when you are stuck in the house for too long, you start getting depressed, anxious, and down right mean? I think that is what is called cabin fever. Anyhow, I get anxious about dust, all of the stuff we have...and we have too much, and the stacks of papers that need to be filed. So, why don't I take care of this do you ask? Because I don't want to....instead, I watch series shows (my new favorite is NCIS), go on Facebook, and shop on line, fill carts, but don't purchase. The light is coming...my days of complacency are soon to end. I am starting on-line courses through the University of Phoenix so that I can re-new my teaching license and boy am I scared! I have not been in class since I got my Masters in 2000...pray for my brain. And, I am good to go to substitute teach. After not being in the classroom for almost 4yrs, I am also scared to start this again. Breathe. I will be fine...right?

Below are some photos from this month...

Nora with her face painted after the birthday party that she attended.

Here is "Fake Daddy." Nora made him out of some Kinects and both girls like to talk to him, kiss him, hold him, and basically pretend he is daddy. Nora named him, Fake Daddy...maybe someone needs to come home from his deployment?!


This is how I get work done around the house...dishes, laundry, meals made...when Ella is sick. She just wants to be held. Thank goodness for the ERGO!

Nora went to a birthday party in disguise...she was a masked ballerina. The party started at 1:30 and ended at 6...and parents were not invited. This is very common in Europe...parents just drop their kids at parties. She had so much fun...there was a mini petting zoo, a magician, and face painting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you taking lots of Vit. D-3? I'm taking a lot of this year and it has helped my mood a lot.

The winter here has been w/o sun and I'm really bummed. Not really looking forward to winter in Germany next year - b/c I hate snow. But, hopefully, all the other perks will make up for it.

Lila is the same when she's sick and she's three! We love our Ergo.

Hang in there. This is one winter where I am wishing the winter away! I just want to move to Germany and settle in! Though, I am going to miss my friends here!! Fortunately, my best friend from Portugal will be in Germany. Not the same post (they are Navy) but I'll be able to see her often enough.