Thursday, September 10, 2009

Back to School, Mud Pies, Change of Command & SPA

As a birthday gift, Chad got me a spa weekend. I, along with six other friends, went to this place:
http://www.chateaudesthermes.be/EN/home.html
It was so great...they had to take me kicking and screaming from the spa. I got there on Sat. afternoon and changed into my swim suit and bathrobe, had a great lunch and then two treatments -- a pedicure and a Zen massage. The pedicure was peculiar...it was more of a medical treatment for the toes than a pedicure. For 45 euors, I found out that what I thought were bruises on my big toes, are actually a fungus...GROSS. That evening, my friends and I had a 5 course French meal and LOTS of wine:). The next morning, I had a large buffet breakfast, a FANTASTIC facial/back rub...to die for. And then, we went into the outdoor heated pool and saunas. After lunch, we went back into the pools and then decided it was time to go home. The kids did a great job and the house was not a disaster, all in all, it was a GREAT trip.



Chad is now officially done being the HHD Commander. Here he is receiving a framed guidon from his Col. His 1st SGT had it made, she is the BEST. After 17 months of Command, Chad was ready to be done. He will be deploying shortly for Afganistan for 7 months. We are ready for it this time, as it is not as dangerous where he will be and it is "only" for 7 months.

The girls making MUD PIES...Love their expressions. Notice, Ella copies everything that Nora does...sometimes this is cute, but sometimes I could just scream.


Nora on her first day of French preschool...next year, she will go to Kindergarten on the bus with Bennett. I will have a Kindergartener and a Seventh grader...WOW!



Bennett on his first day of school. He tried to wear the same shirt to SIXTH grade as he wore last year on the first day of fifth grade, thinking I would not notice, but I did and I made him change. He is currently involved with Boy Scouts and Flag Football.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lila copies Olivia too. Sometimes cute, sometimes annoying, too. I want her to be her own little person!

I'd die for a spa treatment right about now! So jealous.

Jennifer said...

Looks like there has been some fun going on at your house. I love the pictures of the girls!!!!!!