We ate FOUR meals in two days w/o having to worry about anyone but ourselves. We also soaked in the sun and the sights. The next day, it was raining, but it stopped. We ventured to Ghent, Belgium. It is a nice city full of churches and canals. I prefer Brugge over Ghent, but it was still a nice place to visit.
What I realized is that we need to do this more often because we never get to concentrate on JUST each other. It was so "very, very nice," as my friend Christina would say. The kids did a great job. The only bad part of the trip is that my car is now broken down, sitting in the driveway and will cost a ton of euro to fix...we took it on the trip with us and now, so sad, it is broken. I knew that I should have listened to Chad when we moved here and let him buy me a new car instead of a used one....UGGGHHH!
1 comment:
Oh a night away... I can only dream. Glad that you had a good time.
Post a Comment