Monday, March 2, 2009
What I've Been Up To
Well, I have not written in a while, so I will just type randomness about our family. First off, the kids have ALL been healthy since last Thursday. So, I got to get out of the house and attend a "coffee" with some other lady friends. My friend Tiffany made the best lunch ever and Ella fell asleep on my other friend, Goetche. The Y-Rock's got to go back to church after missing over 2 months...and boy was that refreshing. I think that we do better as a family when we go to church. Our fantabulous trip to the Netherlands was cancelled because DH had to go to Poland and hang out for a week, and he didn't want to take another week off of work. I was sad beyond being a big B. So, I pouted and stomped. This is our SECOND time in Europe. I have decided that I am going to take the pressure off of ourselves and not try to suck the marrow out of Europe this time around. Instead, we will take trips when time and no sickness allows. Currently, I am planning a trip this summer to Turkey...my friend Goetche is Turkish and she told me all about Turkey, had me over for some Turkish food, and in general explained that Turkey is the place to go for a family on a budget. So, in late July/early August it is Turkey for us all. The kids...well, Bennett is busy being MacGyver (he is even watching the first season). He is enjoying Boy Scouts and earned his Weblos Badge the other night. He tells us that he is going to West Point when he graduates from high school and that he is going to be a history professor. Nora is loving her French preschool and currently watches all of her favorite shows in French. She told me that she is going to teach Ella French so that she can go to school and not be so confused. Her current favorites are coloring, painting, and dancing in the nude. She is loving her new time out dot...a red, round carpet that we got at IKEA...she HATES HATES HATES sitting on it and it works way better than any spanking. Did I tell you that the other day she hid all of the wooden spoons?!?!? And then Ella, the amazing, messy child. She is one big huge gynormous mess. She takes her bowls of food and puts them on her head and says "Hat." She smooshed Cheetos the other day into fine powder and even had the powder on her eyelashes. She took yogurt and spread it all over her arms and face and said that it was, "Lo Lo (lotion)." I am not kidding you when I say that she had THREE baths before 5p.m. on Saturday. I start my training for the UofP on Friday. I am excited to learn how to be an on-line professor. I will post photos later...for now, keep us in your thoughts and prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
A time out circle, huh? We always have a time out place, but maybe it would be more effective with the circle.
It was hard for us not to try to travel constantly. If we'd been here before kids, I'm sure we would have never been home!
I wonder if a time out circle would work for the girls...
Your girls sound like mine. Same stuff here. Olivia has taken to bossing us all around in Portuguese. We, actually, have to tell her to speak in English sometimes b/c she's just beyond us and we can't understand what she's saying. She'll reply, "I don't like to speak English." or, "I don't know how to say what I'm trying to in English." I used to think it was funny. Not so much anymore.
Post a Comment