Monday, March 16, 2009

Boy Scouts and Ballerinas

We have been busy here in Belgium. Chad has been to Poland for a week and then Germany. Now, he is in the middle of training, so we have not seen much of him. The sun is FINALLY shining here in Belgium. The girls and I went and picked "flowers" in the yard yesterday and rolled strollers and dolls all over the grass. I finished my first week of training for my new job...I hope to be teaching graduate level courses on-line through the University of Phoenix. I have also been very busy with the Family Readiness Group (FRG) as I am the President. It takes a lot of time, but I feel it has been worth the effort. We raised funds for various events, keep spouses "in the know" on happenings in the unit, and help soldiers/civilians/ and spouses of those deployed.
Bennett just earned his Webelos Badge for Cub Scouts and is working very hard on obtainig his Arrow of Light. He is going to go to Boy Scout camp this summer for two weeks in Switzerland...poor, unfortunate boy ;).

As many of you know, Nora started French pre-school here in our village. She attends 4 days a week and is doing a great job. Most days, she comes home exhausted and only wants to eat, snuggle, and draw. She is proving to be somewhat of an artist. She also started ballet classes. On the first day of class, her face was GLOWING. She absolutely LOVED it! The night after the first day of class, she said her tip toes hurt from so much twirling. Ella is now officially (drum roll please) 19 lbs!!! We are celebrating tonight by having more sour cream on a stick.

No comments: