Thursday, January 15, 2009

I need to vent...

Okay, I don't usually whine on this blog, I do that on the phone with my friends and family...thank goodness that I have Vonage, or else I would whine about not getting to talk to my BFF's and family members. I am in a slump...a major depressive I can't get out of it even by eating chocolate chip cookies and drinking lots of red wine slump. I shall list the reasons:
  • It is cold and rainy and snowy...too cold for traveling and having fun outside
  • My kids have seriously been sick with some bug or another since November...I am not kidding
  • I don't get to travel b/c I cannot go on the day trips w/ my friends here as I have small children who are not in school full time like my friend's children whose youngest is in the sixth grade ... why do I like women my own age who have school aged children? I am considered an OLD mom w/ small kids
  • I don't get "me" time...there is no hourly care here and I have to drag poor Ella everywhere I go
  • I have not worked out since AZ...okay people, I moved here last March, you do the math
  • My body is one big mess...I don't even shave my legs anymore b/c I am lazy
  • Our weekends consist of this: Chad gets home on Friday nights around 8, we eat pizza and watch t.v. after Nora and Ella are asleep. On Sat., Chad sleeps in and we do some boring errand or another and make dinner and watch a movie and go to sleep. On Sun. we don't even go to chuch b/c I don't want to infect the other kids in the daycare room w/ whatever bug of the week the my kids have. So, we stay home in our p.j.'s eat and watch t.v. and do laundry ect. ect. ect.

All of this adds up to this....WE NEED A VACATION! I am trying to book a trip for us at one of the Centre Parc Villages...click on the link below and tell me what you think:

www.centerparcs.com/EN/US/villages

Thank you for letting me get all of this off of my chest...I feel so much better...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Much of the same here. I HATE not having hourly care. HATE it. Only the most expensive gyms have daycare and we are not forking out that kind of money. So, I do not even go to the gym.

Our family hasn't been sick too much (I shouldn't have written that). But, other families here have had it like you.

Sometimes I feel trapped in my home. Especially lately b/c it's rained, non stop, or a month. I can't even get out to take a walk. I think it's unusual for this time of year to have this much rain.

Matt works a zillion hours a week. Last week, Lila was vomitting and just plain sick ALL WEEK. He spent part of his wk in Germany while I was up all night with a sick kid, every night. When he came home, he decided it would be fun to play a game at a friend's and leave me w/the kids for one more night alone. AHHHHH. I knew he needed it. But, jeez! Sometimes being a mom sucks!!!

Oh, and I HATE my dog. HATE him. He has broken no less than three EXPENSIVE dishes in the past three weeks by jumping up on the counter when I turn my back. I want to KILL HIM. If there were a humane society around here, he'd be GONE.

I love the vacation resorts and couldn't bring myself to browse more than one b/c I'd would bookmark it and beg Matt to take us.

Hang in there. I know exactly how you feel.